What to do when subletting your residence
- The person you are subletting to must be a student at one of our affiliated schools (with exception of June and July, where all students with a valid student id from a Norwegian educational institution can rent).
- You yourself are responsible for finding a student who can sublet before you can apply for subletting.
- The person you sublet to must apply according to our allocation rules and cannot have unsettled business with SiO (such as owing rent etc).
- You can not demand higher rent from your tenant than the rental amount you yourself.
- For the duration of your tenancy, you can sublet your student residence for a period of up to 6 months. In addition you may sublet in June and July each year.
- Although you are subletting your residence to another student, you are still fully responsible for it in terms of rental contract and regulations. Remember to inform the new tenant about the house rules.
- We recommend having a written agreement with the person you sublet to.
- Remember that SiO Housing must approve of the sublet. Application form can be found on My page.